Monday, December 6, 2010

Final Project Presentation

I was very impressed with the  speeches and the Poster Session in the IU Memorial Union.  I liked the how IU and the Office of Sustainability have 20 goals to be reached by year 2020.  From the University's support and all of the internships efforts I think that IU can come very close to achieving those goals.  The combination of modern dance and poster presentations was a new and interesting mix.  I enjoyed looking at the posters from other classes and seeing the work they had conducted.   I feel there was a good turn out and several people came up to ask us questions about our poster.  Many where interested in the renewable energy opinions Bloomington and Indiana has a whole had.  To add to our poster we had on our table small-scale examples of a photovoltaic array and solar hot water heater.  These objects helped draw people to our poster and many had questions on how the solar hot water heater worked.  It was so nice to see all our group efforts come together  and represented through our poster.



From last thursday class when we presented our powerpoint and poster in class to the BCOS representative I felt that our project was really meaningful.  The representative from BCOS seemed excited and interested in our project and the recommendations we made on potential targets for indicators and actions to lead towards our suggested targets.  The BCOS representative enjoyed each presentation and wanted to send our power points to her to share the classes insights and projects with the rest of the BCOS members.  I hope that we will see our recommendations put to work in the next STAR Report or through the next BCOS energy initiatives. I was unfortunate that only one BCOS member was able to come to our class.  But our power points and posters will be give to BCOS at their next meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment